Louisiana Tech University believes in providing an excellent education and affordable tuition. As a Tier One National University, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2014 Best Colleges, Louisiana Tech offers non-competitive admissions scholarships in addition to competitive scholarships with specific requirements. Information on competitive scholarship opportunities is available on our General Scholarships page.
Come be a part of the Tech family and see why Louisiana Tech ranks among the nation's best!
- Ranks highest in the state of Louisiana and No. 17 nationally among "Low Cost Colleges with High Starting Salaries for Graduates"
- One of the nation's 25 Most Affordable Colleges for both in-state and out-of-state students
- No. 1 in the state and 21st nationally for providing graduates with the best return on investment in their college education
- Ranks in the top 25 nationally for graduating students with the least amount of debt in four of the past five years
- Graduates receive the highest starting median pay in the state among all of the state's universities
Admission scholarships are awarded on the basis of demonstrated ability, usually without regard for need. For general admission scholarships, incoming freshmen should apply for admission by the priority deadline of January 5 of their senior year. No separate scholarship application is needed, but ACT or SAT scores and high school transcript with GPA and rank (if applicable) should be submitted. For scholarship purposes, ACT/SAT scores through the December test date of the senior year will be accepted and GPA is calculated on a 4.0 unweighted scale.
|Scholarship Name/ACT Score||GPA 3.0-3.749||GPA 3.75-4.0|
|Deans' Scholarship: 32||$8,000||$8,500|
|Outstanding Student: 31||$6,000||$6,500|
|Outstanding Student: 29-30||$5,000||$5,500|
|Outstanding Student: 27-28||$4,000||$4,500|
|Outstanding Student: 25-26||$3,000||$3,500|
|Outstanding Student: 23-24||$2,000||$2,500|
|Valedictorian Outstanding Student: 20-22*||N/A||$1,000|
*Students who receive the Valedictorian Outstanding Student must be ranked number 1 in their class
Additional Scholarship Information
- Must be a US citizen to qualify for merit-based scholarships.
- Presidential, Deans', and Outstanding Student Scholarships are annual amounts and are awarded for four years (not including summer); or for a maximum of 12 quarters if you choose to attend summer(s) – additional rules apply and a separate application is required for summer.
- Continuous full-time enrollment is required (minimum of 8 hours per quarter excluding summer).
- Scholarships are renewed each year provided a 3.00 cumulative GPA is maintained at the end of each Spring Quarter; Presidential Scholars must also maintain a 3.00 cumulative GPA at the end of every quarter.
- In addition to merit-based scholarships, out-of-state students may also qualify for the Bulldog Scholarship which pays out-of-state tuition and fees.
National Merit Scholarship
Open to: All admitted incoming freshman that are National Merit Finalists who list Louisiana Tech University as first choice with the National Merit Corporation
Academic Requirements: 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 unweighted scale)
Available Awards: Unlimited awards which pay tuition, fees, on-campus housing, and meals for four years.
Maintaining Scholarship: Student must remain full-time and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0
Application Deadline: Apply for admission according to National Merit deadlines
Bulldog Out-of-State Scholarship
Students who are not residents of Louisiana may be eligible for an out-of-state scholarship which covers all out-of-state fees. For complete details, see our Bulldog Out-of-State Scholarship information page. Incoming freshmen are automatically considered for the scholarship with the completed application for admission.
International students may be eligible for the Bulldog Out-of-State Scholarship if they meet the criteria outlined in the Bulldog Out-of-State International Student information page. The Bulldog Out-of-State Fee Scholarship Application is available to print or can be obtained from the Admissions Office in Hale Hall.
All scholarship information is subject to change.
P.O. Box 3178
Ruston, Louisiana 71272
For information on loans and grants, please visit the Louisiana Tech University Financial Aid Office website.
Please click for the most current tuition and fee breakdown.